Review; Nocturnal Light: Sufi Poems by Aïda Touré

Last year, I ended up reading the poetry collection Nocturnal Light: Sufi Poems by Aïda Touré. As the poet is from Gabon, I could finally cross off that country in terms of my World Literature Project and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Devoted lovers scarcely sleep at night. In adoration, they prostrate with immense grace before the majesty of the Beloved. Nocturnal Light is collection of Sufi poems that echo the heart of those lovers who remain awake in vertiginous states of selflessness. Through the sweetness of divine remembrance, they dance to the Word's tender energy and escape themselves to embrace the greater becoming.

My Thoughts on the Book
There was something that I really liked about this poetry collection. The poems are beautifully written and even if I'm unfamiliar with Sufism, I enjoyed reading the poems.

Comments

  1. This is one collection I should read as I am interested in Sufism. Such a beautiful cover too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge