Review; The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden

As I read The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden, I had to finish the trilogy by reading The Winter of the Witch. Today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
One girl can make a difference...

Moscow is in flames, leaving its people searching for answers – and someone to blame. Vasilisa, a girl with extraordinary gifts, must flee for her life, pursued by those who blame their misfortune on her magic.

Then a vengeful demon returns, stronger than ever. Determined to engulf the world in chaos, he finds allies among men and spirits. Mankind and magical creatures alike find their fates resting on Vasya's shoulders.

But she may not be able to save them all.

My Thoughts on the Book
It's such a well written book and I almost felt like I was walking beside Vasya at times. The Winter of the Witch is heartbreaking at times, it even made me cry a couple of times. And honestly, I disliked Konstantin, the priest, almost as much as a certain Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. I think that says a lot on how much I disliked him. The book also weaves in Russian folklore in a really nice way.

Anyway, it's an amazing ending of the trilogy and I think a lot of people would love to read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge