Review; A History of Hexing (Enchanted Academy, #2) by Evie Wilde

Last year I recieved an ARC of the reverse harem fantasy novel A History of Hexing (Enchanted Academy, #2) by Evie Wilde through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
When there’s four of them, and one of me, we can’t have any secrets...

I need to focus on improving my magic. And having four delicious men can make things… complicated. Especially when Kyler is distracted by Sonny, a mysterious friend from his past. Through Sonny we’re all learning Kyler’s secrets, some of which I wish I didn’t know.

But as a group, we have bigger fish to fry. Archmage Edius is making moves, and if we don’t study hard, he’s going to best us.

Maybe he already has. At the Fall Festival, a mass poisoning screams of his evil handiwork.

No matter how strong I’m becoming, I need my men to strive for more so we can defeat him, for good. The chemistry between us is electric, now I just need my magic to follow suit. Oliver, Braeden and Dash are all hitting the books, but Kyler’s gifts are different. And in the end, he’ll have to make a choice.

I don’t know what I’ll do if he doesn’t choose us. For now, I have to believe he will.

My Thoughts on the Book
I liked this one a bit better than the first book in the series. The characters were a little bit more fleshed out, yet I still don't get why Cass is the chosen one and she is very overprotected by the four boys. I also felt the plot was very thin and could have been a lot more complex than what it is. It's fast paced and easy to read though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge