Review; The Christmas Surprise (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop #3) by Jenny Colgan

Earlier this month I ended up reading The Christmas Surprise (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop #3) by Jenny Colgan and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Rosie Hopkins, newly engaged, is looking forward to an exciting year in the little sweetshop she owns and runs. But when fate strikes Rosie and her boyfriend, Stephen, a terrible blow, threatening everything they hold dear, it's going to take all their strength and the support of their families and their Lipton friends to hold them together.

After all, don't they say it takes a village to raise a child?

My Thoughts on the Book
The Christmas Surprise is a lightweight and entertaining chick-lit with a cosy Christmas theme. That said, I did struggle with it a little bit, considering how Rosie was thrown into things she might shouldn't be thrown into (not going to say what, due to spoilers). The book was also a little to predictable for my taste. That said, if one wants a light weight book to read during Christmas, I guess it's alright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge