Announcing the 2021 Diversity Reading Challenge
Considering all the sad and tragic events this year, such as the murder of George Floyd, the harassment of Asian due to Covid-19, and now the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I decided reviving the Diversity Reading Challenge for next year.
Now, what is diversity you might ask? What I mean by diversity is, but not limited to;
- People of colour/non-caucasian characters/authors
- Native Americans and other indigenous people
- Authors or characters defining themselves as trans, intersex, genderfluid or similar
- Religious minorities
- Mental illnesses/disorders
- Neurodiversity (like ADD, Aspergers and autism)
- Feminist themes/issues
- Physical/mental disabilities
- Characters/authors in wheelchairs
- Characters/authors with cerebral palsy, ME, MS, etc.
The challenge starts on January 1st 2021 and will end on December 31st 2021. Also, feel free to use books for whatever other challenges you might be participating in. I've often used the same book for several challenges myself, if a book fitted into more than one challenge.
Also, there's no need to sign up or anything, as I want to make this as hassle free as possible. That being said, if you're on Twitter or Instagram, feel free to use the hashtag #trykksvertediversity2021 for books you've read for the challenge, but it's not mandatory by any means.