Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge; The Non-Fiction Book Everyone Should Read


It's Wednesday and time for a new Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge post, courtesy of Long and Short Reviews. The theme of the week was the non-fiction book everyone should read and why.


My pick is The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. The main reason why I chose this one is because it gives some insight into what Jews and Jewish children had to endure during WWII, in addition to the tragic end of her life in Bergen-Belsen (although the latter isn't mentioned in the diary itself as she and her family got captured and the diary left behind in Holland).

Comments

  1. I played Anne one year in drama -- it was the start of my obsession with WWII. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think visiting HMS Belfast was the beginning for me, even though I think I also inherited the interest after my father.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Marianne, good choice. Surprising how a diary could have so much impact. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/09/wc-093020.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the book may have helped humanizing the victims of WWII a bit.

      Delete
  3. What a great pick!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-the-non-fiction-book-everyone-should-read-and-why/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choice. Something everyone should read at some point in their life.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree that this is a book everyone should read at some point.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic Choice. I've read that book too many times to count. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found it interesting to learn that her father, the only one to survive, was not happy that in her diary she wrote about having the beginnings of sexual interest--hey, she was a teenager, flooded with hormones! It happens. But I guess he thought it reflected poorly on her. I thought it made her more relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like I can blame him for feeling that way, but it made her a bit more relatable.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge