Let's Talk Bookish; Do You Keep Up With New Releases?

It's Friday and perhaps time for a new Let's Talk Bookish post, courtesy of Lterary Lion and Eternity Books. The theme of the week was "Do you keep up with new releases?".


Although I keep my eyes open to new and interesting looking books, I do blog about a mix of recently published books and backlog books. Not all recently released books are my cup of tea anyway (same goes for backlog books), but I also don't want to limit myself on how "old" the books are, as I personally don't think books are fresh produce in the same way as vegetables and milk.

When it comes down to it, as long as the book sounds interesting, it's a fair chance I'm picking it up, regardless of if it was published last month or ten years ago. That said, I can't deny that I do keep a bit more tabs on new releases now that I'm a book blogger in case I come across some interesting titles, but I'm not one of those who want to limit myself.

I'm sure there's a merit to some in terms of keeping up with current releases (it's a heck of a lot of work keeping track, so I'll give credit where credit is due), but I think that in some cases, it's a bit of a hype, especially around some books and/or authors such as Jo Nesbø and Lucinda Riley, at leas here in Norway.

For now, I'll do my little mix of recently released books and backlog books and I'm unsure if I'll change that habit too much. As I said earlier, I don't think that books are fresh produce in the same way as vegetables and milk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge