Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge; A Person Who Inspires Me


It's Wednesday and perhaps time for a new Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge, courtesy of Long and Short Reviews and the topic of the week was a person who inspires me.

One person in particular who inspires me is the war historian Lynette Nusbacher. Not only is she highly intelligent, into fencing and having a sense of humour, she's also transgender, which makes me respect her even more, especially as I'm bi myself and sadly have seen just how much crap people like her can get just for being who they are.

In a way she also give me hope that even someone like me can belong in an academic setting and possibly obtain a phd in the future, as I sometimes feel I'm "too different".

If you're a bit curious about Lynette Nusbacher, feel free to check out her Facebook page or this interview on Youtube below.

Comments

  1. I’d never heard of Lynette Nusbacher before, but I’m checking out your links about her now. :)

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-people-who-inspire-me/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice. Its great when others can show us the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like an interesting person. You're right about people treating others unfairly because of who they are. I'm glad there is now more support for the LGBTQ community than there was back in my day. Hopefully it will keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't deny I think it's a bit frustrating to say it the least when people are being treated unfairly because who they are. Hopefully it will keep getting better in the future.

      Delete
  4. She is a fantastic person and such a font of knowledge concerning military history. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is and I wouldn't mind picking her brain if given the chance.

      Delete
  5. I'd never heard of her, but am looking into her now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge