Mailbox Monday; January 11th 2021

It's a new Monday and time for a new Mailbox Monday, courtesy of the blog with the same name. Recently I recieved a huge package with multiple books for my World Literature Project where I try to read one book from every country in the extent that it's possible. So far, I've read a little over 115 books, so I'm over halfway there.

Here's the books I've recieved in the mail recently.

Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi

So Long a Letter by Mariama Bâ

Jamilia by Chingiz Aitmatov

The Cost of Sugar by Cynthia McLeod

Selected Speeches of Amilcar Cabral

The Blue Sky by Galsan Tschinag

The Teacher of Cheops by Albert Salvadó

Mother's Beloved - Stories from Laos by Outhine Bounuavong

Jazz and Palm Wine by Emmanuel Dongala

Weeding the Flowerbeds by Sarah Mkhonza

Congo Inc. by In Koli Jean Bofane

The Fortunes of Wangrin by Amadou Hampaté Bâ

 Bitter Leafing Woman by Karen King-Aribisala

The Randomist by Ali Al Saeed

The Amputated Memory by Werewere Liking

Afterlives by Abdulrazak Gurnah

Comments

  1. That is a great book haul and bound to help on your World Literature Project reading. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing amount of books. I've always wanted to do a challenge to read a book set in every country in the world but it seems so daunting. Good luck with your challenge and enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The challenge isn't as daunting as it may seem. The real challenge is to find books from some of the smaller countries and such, like Sao Tome and Principe.

      I also suspect you might have read books from more countries than you realize. It happened to me when I first started writing the list, realizing I had already read over 20 countries without realizing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge