Let's Talk Bookish; Why Do I Blog?

It's Friday and perhaps time for a new Let's Talk Bookish, hosted by Eternity Books and Literary Lion. The theme of the week was "Why do I blog?".


It all started back in July 2012, as a bit to track my reading and share my passion for books. Sometimes things have a bit of a snowball-effect and I've evolved the book blog a bit throughout the years, even if my "core idea" mentioned above remain the same. When I started, I only blogged in Norwegian, while now it's more of a bilingual blog, mainly writing in English with an occasional Norwegian post here and there.

What kept me going this far is the fact that as I've gotten this far, I can't quit quite yet, even if there has been periods where I've been utterly fed up by blogging, especially when I felt like I put down a lot of work in creating content and there were less than the sound of crickets in return.

For this year, the only plans I've got for this book blog is a few themed months, such as Fantasy February, in addition to hosting the 2021 Diversity Reading Challenge and in general have a bit of fun with participating in a few other reading challenges and readathons.

Comments

  1. Good luck with your plans! Blogging can be frustrating. I’ve lost count of the number of times I worked on a post for weeks and got crickets from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) Yeah, blogging can be a bit frustrating at times, especially when we've lost count of how many times we've got crickets from the internet.

      Delete
  2. I think running a biligual blog is really impressive! I'm glad I can read some of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) Norwegian is my mother tongue, so it's pretty easy for me doing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge