Let's Talk Bookish; Reading Resolutions

It's January 1st and a new year. Eternity Books and Literary Lion hosts a weekly meme called Let's Talk Bookish every Friday. The theme of the week was fittingly enough reading resolutions.



Personally, I don't set an actual reading resolution every year, as I want to have some freedom. What I do instead is making a Goodreads goal instead and set it low enough so it's easily accomplished.

I also sometimes participate in various readathons and reading challenges throughout the year, so I can focus a bit on various themes, genres and so on, or for that matter, dedicate some time to reading. That being said, I also host a reading challenge this year, called 2021 Diversity Reading Challenge. Don't get me wrong here, there's nothing "bad" with white, straight, Christian, ablebodied, cis-gendered male authors, but there's lots of other authors out there as well that doesn't go into that category.

Comments

  1. I do the same thing with my Goodreads goal! It's still fun to complete it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. It's not like we need to make it hard to make it fun, if you know what I mean?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge