Top Ten Tuesday; 10 Outrageous Things I've Done for the Love of Books
It's Tuesday again, which means it's time for a new Top Ten Tuesday post, courtesy of That Artsy Reader Girl. The theme of the week was outrageous things I've done for the love of books.
- Attending the midnight premiere of the 6th Harry Potter movie with my boyfriend at the time. That it was a midnight premiere wasn't the issue, it was more the fact that the first bus home didn't go until 7 AM so we had to do whatever it took to stay awake until then.
- Reading books while at work at a bookstore. It wasn't that many customers, perhaps two or three a day if we were lucky (some days we didn't have any at all), so I needed something to occupy myself when there were no customers, tidying the shelves, changing the window displays etc.
- Going to a booksale at the local secondhand bookstore and manage purchasing multiple books for less than 150 kr.
- Preordering over 10 books at the annual "Mammutsalg" in Norway and save over 2000 kr.
- Staying up until 3 am in order to finish an interesting book
- Sniffing books - Rory Gilmore were right, there is something about the smell of books (hence, the name of this book blog)
- Finishing a book over 400 pages in a day
- Instead of having a small TBR pile, I have two TBR bookshelves
- Even with two TBR bookshelves, you can still hear me say "I have nothing to read", which is basically a bookdragon's version of "I have nothing to wear".
- Participating in a 24-hour readathon and staying up the entire time