Review; A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

At long last, I've read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

My Thoughts on the Book
A Court of Thorns and Roses was an entertaining fantasy novel, partially a retelling of both Tam Lin and Beauty and the Beast. The plot was okay and I liked the descriptions, but I can't deny that I sometimes got a bit frustrated with some of the characters. Feyre is one of those characters, as I felt she was a spineless pushover that let people (and fae) walk all over her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge