Announcing the Autumn Reading Challenge 2021
As I've hosted an autumn reading challenge for the last two years, I wanted to do it this year too.
The challenge will be informal and laidback, running from September 1st to November 30th.
There will be no pressure from me in doing ALL the categories, but you're totally allowed to do them all if you want. You can even combine them, if a book fits into more than one category if you want or read several books for one or more categories. Also, feel free to do some interpretation(s) on the prompt(s), as they are fairly open.
"Reporting back" what you've read is not mandatory, only encouraged. Feel free to comment below what you've read, or if you're on Instagram or Twitter, feel free to use the hashtag #trykksverteautumnchallenge2021 .
Reading should be fun and not feel forced, so I wanted to keep things as simple and easy as possible, even if it's a challenge.
Anyway, here's the categories for this year.
- A spooky novel
- A book with an autumn-inspired cover (autumnal colours, leaves, pumpkins, apples, etc)
- A book that takes place during the autumn
- A book that has autumn, Halloween/Samhain or an autumn month in the title
- A book by a BIPOC author
- A dark academia novel
- A book about feminism or social justice
- A book by an author from a different continent than your own
- A book about nature
- A book about history
- A poetry collection
- A cookbook
Have some fun and great reading!