Review; The Wicche Glass Tavern by Seana Kelly

As I've read the other two books in the Sam Quinn series, I couldn't resist reading the latest installment, The Wicche Glass Tavern by Seana Kelly. Today, I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
I’m Sam Quinn, the werewolf book nerd owner of the Slaughtered Lamb Bookstore and Bar. Clive, my vampire gentleman caller, has asked me to marry him. His nocturne is less than celebratory. Unfortunately, for them and the sexy vamp doing her best to seduce him, his cold, dead heart beats only for me.

As much as my love life feels like a minefield, it has to take a backseat to a far more pressing problem. The time has come. I need to deal with my aunt, the woman who’s been trying to kill me for as long as I can remember. She’s learned a new trick. She’s figured out how to weaponize my friends against me. To have any hope of surviving, I have to learn to use my necromantic gifts. I need a teacher. We find one hiding among the fae, which is a completely different problem. I need to determine what I’m capable of in a hurry because my aunt doesn’t care how many are hurt or killed as long as she gets what she wants. Sadly for me, what she wants is my name on a headstone.

I’m gathering my friends—werewolves, vampires, wicches, gorgons, a Fury, a half-demon, an elf, and a couple of dragon-shifters—into a kind of Fellowship of the Sam. It’s going to be one hell of a battle. Hopefully, San Francisco will still be standing when the dust clears.

My Thoughts on the Book
It's not that The Wicche Glass Tavern is a bad book in that sense, but for me, there's a few issues. One thing is that I remember that in the previous book, Sam found a special connection with a pack of werewolves (not going to say anything more due to spoilers), so I wish I saw more of that mentioned pack. In addition to that, I felt it was more sex scenes interspersed with some action scenes and conflicts that got quickly resolved, rather than a proper plotline with an occasional sex scene. Not that I mind reading the latter of course (though I almost wish they spiced up their sex life a bit), but they almost stand in the way of the actual plot at the moment. I also wished the issue with the aunt (and the aftermath) got a bit more focus in the book.

If there's a fourth book, I hope it will be a wee bit better than this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge