Let's Talk Bookish; How Do You Define Your Personal Reading Tastes?

It's Friday and it's perhaps time for yet another Let's Talk Bookish post, courtesy of Book Nook Bits and the theme of the week was "how do you define your personal reading tastes?".


Here's the further prompts for this week's discussion.
How would you define your personal reading tastes? What kinds of books do you like to read? How do you pick what books to read next? Do your reading preferences change often?
The concise definition of my personal reading taste is that it's eclectic. The more elaborate definition is that I read more or less anything, as long as the book sounds interesting. This has basically made me read anything from Germinal by Émile Zola to A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and lots in between, even more obscure genres, such as splatter westerns. I even read poetry from time to time.

When it comes to picking what to read next, I can't deny I'm a bit of a mood reader, so it's more often than not what catches my fancy in that moment. That said, I do often read more spooky stuff during the autumn, although I read it all year around.

As I'm a bit of a mood reader, my reading preferences changes all the time, but if I look at my statistics for this year, I've mainly read crime/mystery, poetry, non-fiction, historical fiction, and horror, with a few other random titles here and there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge