Review; Misfits by Hunter Shea

Last year I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the horror novel Misfits by Hunter Shea through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
During the height of the 90s grunge era, five high school friends living on the fringe are driven to the breaking point. When one of their friends is brutally raped by a drunk townie, they decide to take matters into their own hands.

Deep in the woods of Milbury, Connecticut, there lives the legend of the Melon Heads, a race of creatures that shun human interaction and prey on those who dare to wander down Dracula Drive. Maybe this night, one band of misfits can help the other. Or maybe some legends are meant to be feared for a reason.

My Thoughts on the Book
Misfits was such a great read. I liked the revenge part in relation to Marnie's rape and in general how the aftermath was portrayed in a well written manner and not the "she bounced back quickly like nothing happened".

I really liked that one got to know the characters a bit before the plot took a faster pace with more action. The book is engaging and a fun read, especially if you like horror novels with lots of gore. The more I neared the ending, the more I sat on the edge of the seat wanting to know what happened next.

Overall, I highly recommend Misfits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge