Review; Greyfriars Reformatory by Frazer Lee

Last year I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the horror novel Greyfriars Reformatory by Frazer Lee through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards, but I haven't published my review until now.

Description from Goodreads
Nineteen year-old Emily's acute dissociative disorder causes her to be institutionalised - again - at Greyfriars Reformatory For Girls. Caught in the crossfire between brutal Principal Quick and cruel bully Saffron Chassay, Emily befriends fellow outcast Victoria. When the terrifying apparition of the mysterious 'Grey Girl' begins scaring the inmates to death, Emily's disorder may be the one thing that can save her.

My Thoughts on the Book
I've read a few of Frazer Lee's previous work, so I was looking forward to Greyfriars Reformatory and it did not disappoint. Greyfriars Reformatory includes several familiar horror tropes, such as isolated and creepy building, a group of teenagers and an unreliable narrator. The book is well paced and several of the characters were relatable or the very least familiar, if one has ever spent some time around teenage girls. The book has the creepiness factor that I like and I would highly recommend it if one wants to read a horror novel that builds up the tension.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge