2019 Diversity Reading Challenge

Even though diversity is all around us, sometimes it can be a bit overlooked. As I’ve earlier years have been participating in various reading challenges, even a few diversity challenge, I’ve decided to host one this year.

I’m not going to make any categories or levels for this challenge, as I want it to be a bit flexible. Read as many books as you feel like reading and yes, it can be children’s books, graphic novels, e-books, non-fiction, audio books, poetry and you-name-it. As it is a diversity reading challenge, it would be mean to exclude some types of reading materials, right?

Now, what is diversity you might ask? What I mean by diversity is, but not limited to;
People of colour/non-caucasian characters/authors
Native Americans and other indigenous people
LGBTQIA
Gender fluid/transgender people
Refugees
Religious minorities
Mental illnesses
Neurodiversity (like ADD and autism)
Feminist themes/issues
Physical/mental disabilities

You'll find a sign up link underneath. I'll also make a page on this blog for the challenge, with monthly link ups where you can post the reviews/books you've read. The challenge starts on January 1st 2019 and will end on December 31st 2019. If you don't have a blog, feel free to sign up with Facebook, Instagram, Goodreads etc. Also, feel free to use books for whatever other challenges you might be participating in. I've often used the same book for several challenges myself, if a book fitted into several.




Update on Dec. 18th 2018;

You can also use this Google Form if you struggle with the Mr. Linky.

Comments

  1. Tried to sign up above but wouldn't let me. You can add me! Germaine Robison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you click on the "Check to accept use/privacy policy (click to read)"? :-)

      Delete
  2. I joined in. Thanks for keeping the challenge flexible. I hate strict challenges with tons of rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining. And no problem about keeping the challenge flexible. I struggle a bit with strict challenges as well.

      Delete
  3. This challenge is right up my alley! I joined. I also appreciate the flexibility!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. :-) I'm a sucker for flexibility as well, which was part of the reason why I made the challenge so flexible.

      Delete
  4. do the book have to be started after january 1st?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preferably, but it's not like I can control when you start reading a book. :-)

      Delete
  5. I am so excited that you are doing this challenge! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting! I'm late signing up for challenges year, but I'm looking forward to this one!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about being late and thank you for wanting to join. :-)

      Delete
  7. I can't find where to post reviews so i'll leave them here :)
    https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1767&start=50#p157545

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure if there's a 2020 challenge but here's my final review https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1767&start=50#p160090

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge