Review; Away! Away! by Jana Beňová

Earlier this year, I read the novella Away! Away! by Jana Beňová, which allows me to cross off Slovakia on my World Literature Project, and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Sometimes running away is the bravest option. Or, so believes Rosa, who ditches her husband and home and takes off on the road. Along the way, she encounters the owner of a puppet theater who’s on a mission to conquer the world with his performance of The Snow Queen.

Which character from this old fairy tale will Rosa identify with? With Gerda, searching fruitlessly for her lost love? With Kai, who flees home and his beloved one day without a word? Or with the Snow Queen, who seems to stand aloof above it all?

With magnetic, sparkling prose, Beňová delivers a lively mosaic that ruminates on human relationships, our greatest fears and desires.

My Thoughts on the Book
This is a book about escaping. Not only relationship(s), but also rules and societal expectations among other things. The prose is fragmented, which adds a layer to it all and I really enjoy the writing style of the author. Hopefully I'll find more of her works, either in English or Norwegian, as I want to read more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge