Top Ten Tuesday; Diaries, Memoirs & Biographies That Should Be Required Reading For Everyone

It's Tuesday again and time for another Top Ten Tuesday post, courtesy of That Artsy Reader Girl. As the theme was school freebie this week, I decided writing a list of diaries, memoirs and biographies that should be required reading for everyone. For all I know, some of the books may be required reading for some people at some point, but I also suspect that a few of the books on my list may be either banned or challenged in some schools.


Anyway, here's my ten picks.

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

Gender Queer: A Memoir by Maia Kobabe

12 Years a Slave: A True Story by Solomon Northup

In the Name of Honour: A Memoir by Mukhtar Mai

Hitler, My Neighbour: Memories of a Jewish Childhood 1929-1939 by Edgar Feuchtwanger

First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers by Loung Ung

A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah

I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs

Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge