Let's Talk Bookish; Reviewing Books

It's Friday and perhaps time for a new Let's Talk Bookish post, courtesy of Book Nook Bits and the theme of the week was reviewing books.


Here's the further prompts.
What makes you want to review or not review a book? Do you review every book you read? Are some books harder to review than others? Do you review books you disliked? If you’ve ever written a ranty review, have you regretted doing so afterwards? Do you delete reviews that are “outdated” or don’t follow what you think of the book now?
I've got the policy that I review all the books I read, apart from when I went to university, as I felt I couldn't review the course books. Regardless of that, some books are harder to review than others, whether they touch upon tough subjects, or are just so average that I can't pinpoint what's good or bad about them.

I do indeed review books that I disliked, but I try my best to be diplomatic and constructive in my criticism of whatever book I disliked. Not all books are good books (or liked books for that matter) and I personally feel it's a bit "wrong" in a sense to only write and publish favourable reviews as it almost looks a bit inauthentic in my opinion. Fair enough, I do have enough manners to not tag an author in a review of a book I disliked, I'm not a total she-devil after all.

Even if some of my review may be a bit outdated or whatever, I don't delete them, as I've reviewed so many books over the ten years, I honestly don't want to bother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge