Review; I Flew for the Führer by Heinz Knoke

Ages ago, I recieved a digital press copy of the book I Flew for the Führer by Heinz Knoke through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Heinz Knoke was one of Nazi Germany’s outstanding pilots, and this dramatic record of his experiences, illustrated with personal photos, has become a classic among aviation memoirs. He joined the Luftwaffe at the outbreak of the war, rose to the rank of commanding officer, and received the Knight’s Cross. Knoke’s account crackles with vivid accounts of air battles; and captures his utter desolation at Germany’s defeat.

My Thoughts on the Book
Although I am no fan of nazism to say it the least, I Flew for the Führer was still a fascinating read considering that it was informative about how it was to be a pilot on that side of the war. While reading, I also noticed a few familiar lines, so I suspect the documentary series Nazi Megastructures used this book as inspiration in one of their episodes on the Luftwaffe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge