Book Blogger Hop; Do You Read Books By Diverse Authors Or Books With Diverse Characters?

It's Friday and time for a new Book Blogger Hop post, courtesy of Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The question of the week was "Do you read books by diverse authors or books with diverse characters (such as LGBT, ethnic minorities, religious minorities, etc? If yes, do you have any book recommendations?".

Yes, I read plenty of both and here is a couple of book recommendations;

Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah (muslim protagonist)
Fifteen Seconds of Normal by Alex Marestaing (protagonist with Tourette's)
If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan (LGBT)
Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta (LGBT)

Comments

  1. Hi Kristin, great post.
    I don't actively seek out diversity but it would never stop me from enjoying a good story. ;-) This question has highlighted that some of my favourite authors have more diverse characters than others though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to deny that sometimes I seek out diversity and sometimes it goes on the back-burner. I'm by no means perfect.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge