Top Ten Tuesday; Quotes About Books and Reading

It's Tuesday and perhaps time for yet another Top Ten Tuesday post, courtesy of That Artsy Reader Girl. The theme of the week was a book quote freebie, so I decided writing a list of quotes about books and reading.


Here's my picks.

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
Walt Disney

"My alma mater was books, a good library…. I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity."
Malcolm X

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
C.S. Lewis

"You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them."
Ray Bradbury

"The reading of all good books is like conversation with the finest (people) of the past centuries."
Descartes

"Books are a uniquely portable magic."
Stephen King

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
Cicero

"I have a passion for teaching kids to become readers, to become comfortable with a book, not daunted. Books shouldn’t be daunting, they should be funny, exciting and wonderful; and learning to be a reader gives a terrific advantage."
Roald Dahl

"Once you learn to read, you will be forever free."
Frederick Douglas

"For as long as she could remember, she had thought that autumn air went well with books, that the two both somehow belonged with blankets, comfortable armchairs, and big cups of coffee or tea."
Katarina Bivald - Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend

Comments

  1. I love that Cicero quote so much and think I need to put it somewhere in the library! Love all your bookish quotes.

    Happy TTT!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic collection of quotes. And I have to agree with the last one--cooler temperatures mean books, blankets, and cups of tea!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-most-recent-additions-to-my-physical-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool list with so many interesting and inspiring quotes.

    Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-badass-quotes-to-inspire-keep-fight/

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Ray Bradbury quote is eerily prophetic.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great choices here!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/24/top-ten-tuesday-369/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Thanks for sharing. I have always loved the Cicero quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Ray Bradbury quote feels very relevant right now. I wish more people loved reading as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge