Review; Maya Angelou: The Complete Poetry by Maya Angelou

A while ago I read the poetry collection Maya Angelou: The Complete Poetry by Maya Angelou and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
From her reflections on African American life and hardship in Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water 'fore I Diiie to her revolutionary celebrations of womanhood in Phenomenal Woman and Still I Rise, and her elegant tributes to dignitaries Bill Clinton and Nelson Mandela (On the Pulse of Morning and His Day Is Done, respectively), every inspiring word of Maya Angelou's poetry is included in the pages of this volume.

My Thoughts on the Book
Maya Angelou's poetry is something that should be read by everyone. She talks about several topics, whether it's racism, misogyny, entitlement, love, community or other themes. She's so universal, most people could find at least one poem by her they would enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge