Book Tag Saturday; Books and Cookies Tag

I first came across the Books and Cookies Tag at Paper Fury and it was originally made by Sorry, I am Booked. As it looked like a fun tag to do, I decided to play along.

The rules;
Pick a book that corresponds to the cookie’s ‘theme’
Have fun!
Tag 1-3 people


Now, over to the questions.

Chocolate Chip: A Classic Book That You Love or Really Enjoyed (interpret classic how you want, it can be a classic written 100 years ago or 20 years ago)
Dracula by Bram Stoker. I guess those who know me well enough isn't too surprised by the answer.

Thin Mints: A Fandom That You Really Want to ‘Join’ AND/OR a Hyped-Up Book You Want To Read (your source(s) of a book being hyped can be from anywhere)
In my case it would be ACOTAR, as I still haven't read it yet.

Shortbread: An Author You Can’t Get Enough Of
James Holland

Samoas/ Caramel DeLites: An Emotional Rollercoaster (this cookie was hard … so any book that made you feel more than one emotion, strongly. The choice of emotions is up to you)
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone - trilogy by Laini Taylor

Oreos: A Book Whose Cover Was Better Than The Story OR Vice Versa, Where The Story Was Better Than Its Cover
I personally felt the cover to The Tattooist of Auschwitz was better than the actual book (not that the book was BAD or anything, but it was lacking a couple of tidbits).

Tagalongs/ Peanut Butter Patties: A Book That Wasn’t What You Expected (good, bad, or just different, interpret how you wish)
I'll answer The Tattooist of Auschwitz yet again. I had seen it around the web a lot and hoped it lived up to the hype, but it was obvious that the author was used to writing screenplays and not novels/short stories, so it lacked a lot of the "usual" stuff novels have.

Snickerdoodles: A Book You May Never Stop Rereading/ Loving
Bram Stoker's Dracula will probably always be my favourite novel.

In terms of tagging people, I will do it pretty easy. Whoever wants to do this tag, consider yourself tagged.

Comments

  1. I like this tag. Cookies are one of my favorite foods. I agree about Daughter of Smoke & Bone being an emotional rollercoaster. I don’t think I’ll be forgetting that book anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it a cute tag. :-) And yeah, Daughter of Smoke & Bone is an unforgettable trilogy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge