Book Blogger Hop; Bibliotherapy

It's Friday again, which means it's time for a new Book Blogger Hop post, courtesy of Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The question of the week was"What is your opinion of bibliotherapy? Do you think this is a useful way of dealing with psychological issues? If you've used it yourself, or know someone who has, what book(s) would you recommend?".
I haven't tried bibliotherapy myself, but I believe it could be useful for some people in dealing with psychological issues. Every patient is different, so not all therapies will have the same effect on everyone and therefore I think it's essential to find the "right one" for the right patient. Bibliotherapy could be one of those.

That being said, Norway is slower than a turtle when it comes to new approaches and therapies, but whether it's bibliotherapy, baking/cooking as therapy or other types of therapy, I think there is a need for it.

Comments

  1. Although I use books as entertainment and escapism ;-) I haven't tried bibliotherapy either, Kristin. I agree with you though, everyone is different and has different needs so having many various types of therapy available has got to be a good thing.

    I hope you enjoy your weekend, Kristin. Here's my BBH Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. :-) And yeah, various types of therapy available has got to be a good thing as everyone is different and has different needs. What works for one person, may not work for someone else.

      I hope you had a fun weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge