Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz; Sons of the Sphinx by Cheryl Carpinello



I’m a retired high school English teacher. A devourer of books growing up, my profession introduced me to writings and authors from times long past. 

Through my studies and teaching, I fell in love with the Ancient and Medieval Worlds. 

Now, I hope to inspire young readers and those Young-at-Heart to read more through my Tales and Legends for Reluctant Readers set in these worlds.





 If they fail...

She could die over 3300 years from home!



Tackle the elements & evil of Ancient Egypt...
A history-changing battle & Time Travel Thriller...


Fifteen-year-old Rosa doesn't see dead people...
She hears them & talks to them.

When she agrees to help King Tut's ghost find his lost queen & clear his family's name, she doesn't count on falling for him.

She & Tut must also outwit an evil pharaoh determined to stop them...
Even if it means one of them must die.

Get it today and see who triumphs.


2015 IAN Book of the Year Finalist YA
2015 CAL Book Award Finalist YA Fiction
2014 Literary Classics Seal of Approval
2015 Readers' Favorite Finalist YA
2014 Literary Classics Silver Medal for PreTeen/Tween



Author Interview:

1. What is your favorite book that is not yours?

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye.  This was my first foray into historical fiction, that I bought in back in the 1980s. Dealing with the British occupation of India, it follows a young British soldier, Ash, through his tour of duty, his meeting with the Indian princess Juli, their forbidden love and the bindings of tradition and duty. At nearly 1200 pages, it was by far the biggest book I had read outside of my college classes. I’ve read it a few times and will read it again.

2. Do you write in multiple genres? Which genre is your favorite to write?

I write Arthurian fiction and time travel historical adventures set in the ancient worlds. I love doing the Arthurian stories, but I find the time travel historicals my favorite. I love learning about the ancient countries in my writing and research, when I can, exploring these ancient worlds today.

3. How young were you when you started writing?

I remember writing a poem about the rodeo—I was horse crazy from an early age—in the 8th grade. I thought it was good. My 8th grade Language Arts teacher wanted to know if it was my own work. Not too encouraging.

4. If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be and why?

J.R.R, Tolkien. His extensive knowledge of classical and medieval literature; his use of mythology, particularly Norse; and his understanding of language spread throughout his stories is fascinating. I would love to sit down with him to discuss all that. Also, I would love to get his opinions on my next time travel series set in the ancient worlds.

5. How long does it take you to write a book, and what was your fastest book to write?

From the initial idea to printed book takes me about a year and a half. I haven’t written anything faster than that, however, it did take about 8 years to write the second book of my Guinevere trilogy. I never planned to do a book 2, but over the years young Cedwyn kept pestering me until I wrote his story!

6. What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?


I enjoy being in the water, be it a pool or the ocean, although I much prefer the ocean!





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge