Review; Faithless by Hunter Shea

A little while ago, I read the horror novel Faithless by Hunter Shea and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
How do you survive hearing your family being brutally murdered over the phone? For Father Raul Figeuroa, all faith and hope are lost. Turning away from the priesthood behind, he retreats to his aunt's empty farmhouse in upstate New York, hoping to drink himself to oblivion. But he's not alone in the house. Something is trying to reach out to him. Or is he losing his grip on reality? When his childhood friend Felix comes to visit, things take a darker turn. The deeper they dig into the mystery, the closer they get to hell literally breaking loose.

My Thoughts on the Book
Faithless one of those books I read in one sitting, as I found it so engaging. The plot has a few twist and turns that makes you go "what the..." and the fact that Father Raul is drinking himself to oblivion, makes him pretty much an unreliable narrator as well (although one can't really blame him for wanting to drink himself into oblivion though, all things considered). I may have read better books by Hunter Shea, but it's not a bad book by any means.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge