Review; The Folded Earth by Anuradha Roy

Earlier this year I read The Folded Earth by Anuradha Roy and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Anuradha Roy weaves an evocative and deeply moving tale of a young woman making a new life for herself amid the foothills of the Himalaya. Desperate to leave a private tragedy behind, Maya abandons herself to the rhythms of the little village, where people coexist peacefully with nature. But all is not as it seems, and she soon learns that no refuge is remote enough to keep out the modern world. When power-hungry politicians threaten her beloved mountain community, Maya finds herself caught between the life she left behind and the new home she is determined to protect.

My Thoughts on the Book
The Folded Earth is a poetic and elegiac story of loss, love and new beginnings. I loved the descriptions in this book, which almost made me feel like I was there. Maya is also a really relatable character at times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge