Book Tag Saturday; 3 Bookish Things Tag

I came across the 3 Bookish Things Tag over at Paper Fury and since it looked pretty cool, I decided to play along.

Here's the questions.

3 FAVOURITE AUTHORS
  • James Holland
  • Rupi Kaur
  • Laini Taylor

3 WEIRDEST THINGS USED AS A BOOKMARK
Chocolate wrapper, receipt and another book.

3 SERIES BINGED
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor
  • MaddAddam trilogy by Margaret Atwood
  • Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling

3 CHARACTERS YOU LOVE
  • Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
  • Pippi Longstocking from the book with the same name by Astrid Lindgren
  • Ronja the Robber's Daughter from the book with the same name by Astrid Lindgren

3 UNPOPULAR BOOKISH OPINIONS
  • I'm torn in terms of retellings - if an author is going to write one, write a good retelling. "Roseblood" and "The Bear and the Nightingale" is good. "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is quite a different story as I envision Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy slaying zombies.
  • I sometimes have an apprehension when it comes to hyped books. Are they hyped because they are GOOD or hyped because they are hyped or contain something "new" (looking at you, Fifthy Shades of Grey)?
  • There's better vampire fiction of there than Twilight

3 POPULAR BOOKISH OPINIONS
  • I love bookish candles and wax melts.
  • Secondhand bookstores are awesome. It's almost like a treasure hunt in search of books to "adopt"/give a new home.
  • It's more important that people read, than what they read. Classics, non-fiction, YA, graphic novels and yes, even Twilight/Fifthy Shades of Grey.

3 FAVOURITE BOOK COVERS

  

3 BOOK GOALS FOR THE YEAR
  • Get my act together and actually catch up with all the ARC's/press copies I've recieved and have max. 5 left in the beginning of 2020.
  • Read over 120 books.
  • Get to the 100 books/countries mark for my "World Literature Project".

Comments

  1. Haha, I’ve used other books as bookmarks. I always seem to have ton of books sitting around. Good luck with your goals! I’m also hoping to read over 100 books this year.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see I'm not the only one who has used a book as a bookmark. Good luck with your goals as well. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have never used another book as a bookmark, but that's funny! And I love Pippi Longstocking!! An while I am not a huge vampire fan, yes there are absolutely many, much better vampire books than Twilight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long live Pippi Longstocking! And yeah, I agree that there's many much better vampire books than Twilight.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge