Let's Talk Bookish; Blogging Essentials

It's Friday, which means it's probably time for another Let's Talk Bookish post courtesy of Book Nook Bits and the theme of the week was blogging essentials.


Here's the further prompts for today.
What could you not blog without? Do you have to have a posting schedule? Do you rely on a set TBR to make sure you get to all the books on your list? What have you discovered helps your blogging most?
While I don't have a "proper" schedule in that sense, I do try putting out between two and four blog posts a week, just to have some consistency going. Fair enough, this is after I took a long break from book blogging and switched things around a bit on my blog blog, from blogging about all books, to focusing on paranormal and horror.

What I do have, when a bit stumped for ideas on what to blog about, is a list of blog post ideas on my laptop, so I can make use of those. At the very least it helps reduce the stress a bit.

As I blog mainly about horror and paranormal, in addition to read quite a log of backlog books in mentioned genres, I don't rely too much on a TBR to get through all the books, but I sometimes make a TBR for themes like Halloween when it's October and Non-Fiction November, as I have books that fit those themes, just to manage to read them on time.

One thing I've figured out helps me a lot, aside from the mentioned blog post ideas lists, is to relax a bit and don't overdo it when it comes to blogging. I think that was part of the reason why I had the blogging burn-out and ended up taking a long break, as well as switching things around a lot. There's after all no point in blogging if I don't enjoy doing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Announcing the 2022 Diversity Reading Challenge