Let's Talk Bookish; My Favourite Place To Read In The Autumn

It's Friday and perhaps time for a new Let's Talk Bookish post, courtesy of Book Nook Bits. As the theme of the week was Halloween freebie, I decided doing a bit of a twist, which is talking about my favourite place to read in the autumn.

When I was house-hunting last year, I’m sure there was a few who thought I was a wee bit crazy as I was in search of an old house with a woodburning stove and enough room for all my books. It might be the case I’m a bit eccentric, but I did get what I wanted in the shape of a charming little house from 1901 – with the woodburning stove and enough space for all my books.

My favourite place to both read and write during the autumn is basically my combined living/dining room and library. It does have a moody maximalism meets industrial vibe to it (or a bit of Steampunk Dracula as I jokingly call it), but it has turned into a bit of a sanctuary of sort, with me being an introvert having a few mental illnesses.

I do after all have the possibility to curl up on the couch with a book, a throw/blanket and a cup of tea or hot chocolate to relax, which was my main goal while decorating. I’m also in a sense a bit fortunate that I’ve got a view over the inlet from my living room, and over to a 1800’s gun battery (which the history lover in me of course cherish).

It’s also the space where I do most of my writing, considering the view I’ve got, and I also practice on my flute there. I’m toying with the idea of buying an acoustic guitar sooner or later too.

Anyway, here’s also a few photos, in case anyone is a bit curious on how the space looks like.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge