Review; My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix


Earlier this year, I read the horror novel My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix and today I'll post my review of the book.

Description from Goodreads
The year is 1988. High school sophomores Abby and Gretchen have been best friends since fourth grade. But after an evening of skinny-dipping goes disastrously wrong, Gretchen begins to act ... different. She's moody. She's irritable. And bizarre incidents keep happening whenever she's nearby.

Abby's investigation leads her to some startling discoveries — and by the time their story reaches its terrifying conclusion, the fate of Abby and Gretchen will be determined by a single question: Is their friendship powerful enough to beat the devil?

My Thoughts on the Book
While My Best Friend's Exorcism was a fun read, I personally felt it lacked a bit of horror, and that it was more focuse on the friendship between Abby and Gretchen than anything else. The idea behind the book was fun though, especially as it was set in the late 80's, and I liked the character development. Also, I felt the ending was a wee bit rushed.

I'm not saying it's a bad book per se, but if you're in search of terrifying horror, please look further.

And if don't want to bother reading it, there's a movie adaption of it if you're still a bit curious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge