Review; Murder at the Natural History Museum (Museum Mysteries #5) by Jim Eldridge

Last year I recieved an ARC of the historical mystery novel Murder at the Natural History Museum (Museum Mysteries #5) by Jim Eldridge through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
1895. When the newly dubbed 'Museum Detectives' are asked to investigate deliberate damage to a dinosaur skeleton at the Natural History Museum, there is evidence that the fossil-hunting mania of the notorious Bone Wars in America may have reached their shores. But for Daniel Wilson, famed for his involvement in the Jack the Ripper case, and renowned archaeologist Abigail Fenton, events soon take a sinister turn... A museum attendant is found dead in an anteroom by none other than the infamous theatre manager Bram Stoker, who it seems may have had a personal connection with the deceased. Facing pressure both from an overseas business and local celebrity, Wilson and Fenton must rely on their talents and instincts to solve their most puzzling case yet.

My Thoughts on the Book
I've read another book in this series, so I was looking forward to reading Murder at the Natural History Museum and I wasn't disappointed. It's fast paced and engaging with lots of twists and turn. I liked several of the characters, Daniel and Abigail included. The downside is that it's not quite historical accurate at times, which annoyed me a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge