Review; The Body Under the Bridge (DCI Craig Gillard Crime Thrillers Book 5) by Nick Louth

Last year I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the novel The Body Under the Bridge (DCI Craig Gillard Crime Thrillers Book 5) by Nick Louth through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
DCI Craig Gillard will be pushed to his limits… But will he break?

It seems like a routine disappearance, a case of musician’s stage fright. As a senior detective, Craig Gillard isn’t sure why he’s even involved. Until it turns out the woman’s father is the German Minister of Justice, and the British Home Secretary is on the case too.

But nothing about the case is simple. How does a woman on a train simply vanish? What do you do when a trail runs cold and the pressure is on?

Before long the perpetrator has another target: DCI Gillard himself. What if the detective isn’t just running the case, but is part of it? The victim merely a lure for a bigger fish.

The answer is under the bridge. The chilling setting for the biggest challenge of his life.

The latest DCI Gillard Crime Thriller is a knockout: fast and completely gripping, perfect for fans of Stuart Macbride, Mark Billingham and Robert Bryndza.

My Thoughts on the Book
I've read a couple of the other books in this series and I was looking forward to this one. I wasn't disappointed. The Body Under the Bridge is action packed, fast paced and with lots of twists and turns. There's also several threads that gets woven together nicely. I also really like the author's writing style. I would highly recommend the book (and the rest of the series).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge