Review; The Seventh Life of Aline Lloyd by Robert Davies

A few months ago I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the novel The Seventh Life of Aline Lloyd by Robert Davies through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
When Evan Morgan’s brother Damon dies suddenly, Evan is stunned to learn his inheritance, including property, has made him instantly wealthy. Traveling to North Wales seems to be a formality: pick up the valuables, sell the house quickly, and leave.

But everything changes when he arrives in Denbighshire and meets his neighbor, the alluring and mysterious Aline Lloyd. Evan feels an instant, powerful connection to not only her, but his new home in an ancient place.

As the details of Damon’s death become more bizarre, Evan is drawn deeper into the growing mystery surrounding Aline. Consumed by his feelings for her, Evan is determined to learn her secret.

Some things are better left unlearned.

Something is coming to their quiet valley. And it’s looking for Aline.

My Thoughts on the Book
I really enjoyed reading The Seventh Life of Aline Lloyd, especially as I've visited both Colwyn Bay and North Wales in general, so I know how the charm of North Wales and the landscape. It was perhaps a lighter fantasy, both in the sense that it's a modern day fantasy and that it doesn't have too many dark elements as one might guess by the cover and the blurb, but that's totally fine. I also really liked Aline and Evan as characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge