Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge; Something You Might Not Guess About Me


It's Wednesday and today it's time for a new Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge post courtesy of the book blog Long And Short Reviews. Today's topic was "something you might not guess about me".

I'm sure there's plenty of things people might not guess about me, but a few things might be that I'm an avid knitter, in addition to the fact that I own and live in an old house built in 1901. While my home decor style inside is a combo of dark academia, moody maximalism, and all thing spooky, I'm transforming the garden to have a cottage garden-vibe to it.

The book Cottage Gardens by Claire Masset has helped and inspired me a lot in that sense, and it's somehow fitting having a cottage garden in the first place, as not only is my house a bit old, but authors like Beatrix Potter, Virginia Woolf, and Thomas Hardy all had their own cottage gardens. In addition to that, some of the roses I've got have some literary-inspired names, such as Astrid Lindgren, Roald Dahl, and The Poet's Wife, the two latter being David Austin-type roses. In a sense, one could argue that I extent my interest for books/literature into my garden, and of course, it is really nice bringing a book outside to read in a charming garden full of flowers and plants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Announcing the 2022 Diversity Reading Challenge