Let's Talk Bookish; How Did I Get Into Reading?

It's Friday and perhaps it's time for another Let's Talk Bookish post courtesy of Book Nook Bits and today's topic is "how did I get into reading".


Here's the further prompts for today.
How did you get into reading? Did you immediately love it, or did it take you a while? Who first introduced you to books – parents, friends, teachers? Did you grow up around book lovers, or did you find a love of reading on your own? Which books started your love of reading?
In my case, I have to "blame it" on my parents for getting into reading, especially my late mother as she was an avid reader too, and I remember her taking me to the library down the street when I was a toddler. So in a sense, I've been a reader, or at least a book lover, for as long as I can remember.

Some of the authors I really enjoyed as a kid was Astrid Lindgren, Anne Cath. Vestly, and Roald Dahl. Now, funnily enough, among the roses I've got in my garden, I've got both Astrid Lindgren and Roald Dahl, the latter being a David Austin rose (for reference, all roses, whether it's climbing roses, English roses, and what-not, have names).

There has been periods where I didn't read that much, but I always came back to reading, and as an adult, I did major in English while studying at university.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Announcing the 2022 Diversity Reading Challenge