Review; Redemption in Indigo by Karen Lord

A while ago I ended up reading Redemption in Indigo by Karen Lord. As the author is from Barbados, I can now cross off that country for my World Literature Project and today I'll post my review of the book.

Description from Goodreads
Paama's husband is a fool and a glutton. Bad enough that he followed her to her parents' home in the village of Makendha, now he's disgraced himself by murdering livestock and stealing corn. When Paama leaves him for good, she attracts the attention of the undying ones – the djombi – who present her with a gift: the Chaos Stick, which allows her to manipulate the subtle forces of the world.

Unfortunately, not all the djombi are happy about this gift: the Indigo Lord believes this power should be his and his alone, and he sets about trying to persuade Paama to return the Chaos Stick.

Chaos is about to reign supreme...

My Thoughts on the Book
Redemption in Indigo was a fascinating read, partially because of the fact that it's based on a Senagalese folk tale. I also really liked the writing style and humour in the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge