Review; Lord of the Butterflies by Andrea Gibson

A few months back I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the poetry collection Lord of the Butterflies by Andrea Gibson through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
In Andrea Gibson's latest collection, they continue their artful and nuanced looks at gender, romance, loss, and family. Each emotion here is deft and delicate, resting inside of imagery heavy enough to sink the heart, while giving the body wings to soar.

My Thoughts on the Book
I loved this collection for the raw, honest and powerful poems. There were of course some poems that touched me more than others, some of them were Orlando and Dear Trump Voter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge