Review; The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie

With both Back to the Classics (classic with a colour in the title) and Cloak and Dagger Mystery Challenge, I ended up reading The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie. Today I'll post the review.

Description from Goodreads
'I want a change. To be in the midst of things - exciting things - even if I'm only the looker-on. You know, things don't happen in St Mary Mead.'

When the luxurious Blue Train arrives at Nice, a guard attempts to wake Ruth Kettering from her slumbers. But she will never wake again - for a heavy blow has killed her, disfiguring her features almost beyond recognition. What is more, her precious rubies are missing.


The prime suspect is Ruth's estranged husband, Derek. Yet Poirot is not convinced, so he stages an eerie re-enactment of the journey, complete with the murderer on board...


My Thoughts on the Novel
Even though The Mystery of the Blue Train is a good book, I felt it wasn't among Agatha Christie's best works. At least it wasn't as good as The Murder on the Orient Express. Luckily what made me enjoy the book was the story line and the characters Poirot and Katherine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge