Review; Love Poems by Pablo Neruda

In relation to Platypire Diversity Challenge (Hispanic History Month), I ended up reading the poetry collection Love Poems by Pablo Neruda and today I'll post my review of it.

Description from Goodreads
Charged with sensuality and passion, Pablo Neruda's love poems are the most celebrated of the Nobel Prize winner's oeuvre, captivating readers with earthbound images and reveling in a fiery re-imagining of the world. Mostly written on the island paradise of Capri (the idyllic setting of the Oscar-winning movie Il Postino), Love Poems embraces the seascapes surrounding the poet and his love Matilde Urrutia, their waves and shores saturated with a new, yearning eroticism.

And when you appearall the rivers soundin my body, bellsshake the sky,
and a hymn fills the world.

My Thoughts on the Book
It was a good poetry collection and I really enjoyed the poems, but I dare say that they were a lot better in the original Spanish rather than the translated English. Sorry, but sometimes it's true that things get lost in translation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge