Review; Witch Hunt by Cate Conte

Last year I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the paranormal cosy mystery Witch Hunt by Cate Conte through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Murder isn't always crystal-clear . . . especially when the prime suspect discovers she's a witch.

Violet Mooney owns The Full Moon crystal shop in quaint North Harbor, Connecticut. Still grieving her beloved grandmother's recent unexpected death, she takes comfort in her fat orange cat Monty and her work. Not everyone in town is thrilled with her business, however. When disagreeable town councilwoman Carla Fernandez picks a fight over Violet's "voodoo shop," the two have a very public confrontation. Of course, when Carla turns up dead, Violet gets little sympathy from the police as suspect #1.

But the shock of two policemen showing up at her door pales in comparison to the sudden appearance of her estranged mother Fiona and a surprise sister, Zoe. What Fiona reveals will rock her world and her sense of self--and reawaken her long-dormant mysterious power. Good thing. She's gonna need it . . .

My Thoughts on the Book
Witch Hunt was a fun and engaging read. I really liked Violet and her relationship with her deceased grandmother. I felt most of the characters were well developed and I felt the storyline was engaging. There was a couple of loose ends, but I suspect they might be dealt with further along in the series.

Overall, it was a decent start of a new series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge