Review; One by One by D.W. Gillespie

Last year I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the horror novel One by One by D.W. Gillespie through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
The Easton family has just moved into their new fixer-upper, a beautiful old house that they bought at a steal, and Alice, the youngest of the family, is excited to explore the strange, new place. Her excitement turns to growing dread as she discovers a picture hidden under the old wallpaper, a child’s drawing of a family just like hers. Soon after, members of the family begin to disappear, each victim marked on the child’s drawing with a dark black X. It’s up to her to unlock the grim mystery of the house before she becomes the next victim.

My Thoughts on the Book
Oh my, I really loved this book. It's dark and twisted and it plays on the "isolated old house"-trope very well. I really liked Alice, because even though she's young, she sense that there's something terribly wrong, but no one believes her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge