Weekend Cooking; English Rolls from Food To Die For

As I've got a few spooky cookbooks of sorts, I decided I wanted to try a few of the recipes in those books. The blog The Intrepid Reader and Baker hosts this weekly meme called Weekend Cooking, so why not write a few blog posts that combine spookiness and cooking/baking?

Anyway, a recipe I tried earlier this week was English Rolls from the cookbook Food To Die For by Amy Bruni (some of you might have seen here on the TV show Kindred Spirits). The book is all about haunted locations in the US, combined with history and recipes that is either inspired by the location or has some sort of ties to it. The English rolls I made, ties up with the Jennie Wade house in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

The recipe was easy enough to follow, even if I had to use Google to figure out what a stick of butter is measurement-wise in grams, and do a Fahrenheit to Celsius calculation as I'm a Norwegian living in Norway and we use the metric system and Celsius, but it worked out anyway. The end result was tasty regardless of me needing to do some math.

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining us for Weekend Cooking! I like the idea of seeing some spooky cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Announcing the 2022 Diversity Reading Challenge