Top Ten Tuesday; 10 Outrageous Things I've Done for the Love of Books

It's Tuesday again, which means it's time for a new Top Ten Tuesday post, courtesy of That Artsy Reader Girl. The theme of the week was outrageous things I've done for the love of books.

  1. Attending the midnight premiere of the 6th Harry Potter movie with my boyfriend at the time. That it was a midnight premiere wasn't the issue, it was more the fact that the first bus home didn't go until 7 AM so we had to do whatever it took to stay awake until then.
  2. Reading books while at work at a bookstore. It wasn't that many customers, perhaps two or three a day if we were lucky (some days we didn't have any at all), so I needed something to occupy myself when there were no customers, tidying the shelves, changing the window displays etc.
  3. Going to a booksale at the local secondhand bookstore and manage purchasing multiple books for less than 150 kr.
  4. Preordering over 10 books at the annual "Mammutsalg" in Norway and save over 2000 kr.
  5. Staying up until 3 am in order to finish an interesting book
  6. Sniffing books - Rory Gilmore were right, there is something about the smell of books (hence, the name of this book blog)
  7. Finishing a book over 400 pages in a day
  8. Instead of having a small TBR pile, I have two TBR bookshelves
  9. Even with two TBR bookshelves, you can still hear me say "I have nothing to read", which is basically a bookdragon's version of "I have nothing to wear".
  10. Participating in a 24-hour readathon and staying up the entire time

Comments

  1. Ooh I used to read at work too, I worked in a small village grocery shop, and it wasn't all that busy, so when there were no customers, I'd just read.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/09/top-ten-tuesday-206/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, as it's no fun staring on the walls. :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that bookstore job sounds like it was a quiet one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit quiet at times, but it was located in a pretty old building and I had great coworkers. :-)

      Delete
  3. I have stayed up all night to read a book too. I can't help it sometimes!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the ending of a book is more important than being mentally present the day afterwards. :-P

      Delete
  4. Hahaha I have nothing to read! I actually come up with monthly TBRs with a weekly schedule so I usually do know what I'm reading next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that issue before I started having a TBR jar. :-P

      Delete
  5. I always fall asleep during readathons. I admire people who can stay up for the whole 24 hours. You guys are stronger than me!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only managed the 24 hours one time, but trust me, I was like a zombie afterwards. :-P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge