Let's Talk Bookish; Holding Onto Books

It's Friday and perhaps it's time for another Let's Talk Bookish post courtesy of Book Nook Bits and the theme of the week was holding onto books.


Here's the further prompts for today.
Do you always keep your books after you finish reading them? What makes you especially attached to a book? What books are you most likely to get rid of? What books would you never even consider getting rid of? Do you ever give away special books as gifts?

As I'm a book dragon who's dream of a personal library finally has became true, I rarely, if ever, get rid off books after I've read them. What makes me especially attached to a book varies, but it has to be well written and that I genuinly loved reading it.

There has been a few cookbooks I've gotten rid off as I didn't care for them anymore, in addition to a few books that was so badly damaged they were past the point of no return, but I still have plenty of cookbooks, so no worries about that. Good luck making me part with special edition books and all my editions of Bram Stoker's Dracula though.

If and when I give books as gifts, I end up buying a copy of the book to gift, so I don't need to think about a hole in my own collection of books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge