Let's Talk Bookish; Book Platforms

It's Friday and perhaps it's time for another Let's Talk Bookish post courtesy of Book Nook Bits and the theme of the week was book platforms.


Here's the further prompts for today.
Book blogging certainly isn’t the only online book platform. From booktok to bookstagram to book twitter, there are many different places to post reviews and other bookish content. Do you only blog, or do you have other platforms too? What did you start out doing? What differences do you notice between platforms? Are there similarities?
Apart from the blog, I'm occasionally on Instagram and Twitter, but I honestly gave up on TikTok (I tried though). I started this book blog back in 2012, so in a sense I started before the whole Bookstagram and BookTok took off. While I do see the visual appeal of Instagram and TikTok, I feel I often see the same books recommended all the time, in addition to the fact that due to the visual nature, one can't write too much there as opposed to a book blog. There's pros and cons with everything, I guess.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a BookTok thing, an American thing, or a book community thing in general, but when I see someone calling a book spicy and it's so NOT spicy, I'm here like, "are you calling THAT spicy?". A few glances and a kiss or two isn't spicy for crying out loud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge